St.Vincent Heart Center of Indiana celebrates 10-year anniversary
St.Vincent Heart Center of Indiana is celebrating its 10-year anniversary. In December 2002, the St.Vincent Heart Center of Indiana opened as one of the nation’s first freestanding heart specialty hospitals and the first in Indiana. The faith-based hospital was founded by some of the nation’s leading cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons from The Care Group and CorVasc, now members of St.Vincent Medical Group.
“When we launched St.Vincent Heart Center of Indiana, it literally started with a blank sheet of paper,” said Blake Dye, president of St.Vincent Heart Center of Indiana. “The fact that we have come so far so quickly is just phenomenal.”
St.Vincent Heart Center of Indiana provides advanced medical facilities and specialists focused on rigorous, specialized treatment of cardiovascular disease in a comfortable and caring environment in two locations: 106th & North Meridian Street and on the campus of St.Vincent Indianapolis Hospital on West 86th Street.
At the 107 bed hospital, there are five Centers of Excellence:
- A-Fib Center of Excellence (Atrial Fibrillation, Electrophysiology, Stereotaxis Robotic Ablation System)
- Vascular Center of Excellence (Interventional Vascular Services, Thoracic Surgery, Vascular Surgery and VeinSolutions)
- Valve Center of Excellence (Aortic Valve Stenosis, Edwards SAPIEN® Valve, Hybrid operating room, Minimally Invasive Mitral Valve Repair, MitraClip)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome/Percutaneous Coronary Intervention/Indiana Heart Attack Network/Stent Center of Excellence
- Congestive Heart Failure Program/Heart Transplant/Ventricle Assist Device Center of Excellence
- Pediatric Cardiology Center of Excellence
Services at the St.Vincent Heart Center of Indiana include: 24/7 Heart Emergency Unit/Accredited Chest Pain Center; $49 HeartScan; Arctic Sun therapeutic hypothermia equipment; Bypass, heart valve and other open heart surgery; cardiac catheterization; heart transplants; Indiana Heart Attack Network (IHAN); Interventional cardiology; minimally invasive and robot-assisted heart surgery; pacemaker installation and replacement; port access surgery; radiology services; Sleep Center of Indiana; targeted diagnostic services; The Vascular Institute and Women’s Cardiac Risk Clinic.
St.Vincent Heart Center of Indiana focused on a new care model since its inception by concentrating on patient care and better outcomes. For seven of the past 10 years, it has been ranked number one for Overall Cardiac Services in Indiana by HealthGrades, the leading independent healthcare ratings organization that analyzes patient outcomes. And this year, its two locations were rated number one and number two in Indiana.
To ensure the best heart care is offered statewide, St.Vincent Heart Center of Indiana has partnerships with the following hospitals:
- Elkhart General Healthcare System
- Fayette Regional Health System
- Hancock Regional Hospital
- Hendricks Regional Heqalth
- Henry County Hospital
- Rush Memorial Hospital
- St. Elizabeth Health
- Westview Hospital
- Witham Health Services
St.Vincent Heart Center of Indiana has also extended care to three hospitals in Illinois, Ohio and Tennessee.
As the faith-based hospital looks toward the future, Dye envisions more distinctions and accolades. But none will be as important as providing excellent heart care that improves the lives of Hoosiers.
“Our goal is still the same as it was more than100 years ago: to build the best cardiovascular model in the nation using compassionate and patient-focused care,” said Dye.
To date, St.Vincent Heart Center of Indiana has 372 physicians; more than 128,000 patient visits and performed 8,076 open heart surgeries.