Restrictions on I-465 at U.S. 31 this week
This week, crews are removing temporary concrete barriers and installing guardrails along I-465 near U.S. 31., which will close the following lanes:
- Aug. 10: Left lane of westbound I-465 closed between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Aug. 11: Left lane of eastbound I-465 closed between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
Overall project update:
Contractors have completed substantial construction on the U.S. 31 project and are working to finalize remaining items with minimal lane restrictions.
In Carmel, all lanes are open to full capacity on U.S. 31 and the various interchanges. Lane shifts and restrictions remain in place through late August in Westfield between 151st and 161st streets to smooth pavement on the bridge approaches.
Project status updates:
- Striping – Crews are finishing pavement markings in Carmel this week. Some various, temporary lane restrictions may be necessary.
- Landscaping – Landscaping is substantially complete throughout the corridor. Some temperature-sensitive plantings will be installed this fall at various locations.
- Bridge railing – Crews are installing bridge railing at 111th Street, 126th Street/Carmel Drive and 131st/Main Street. This work will be ongoing throughout the coming weeks.
- Speed limit – Once the final pavement markings are complete, INDOT plans to raise the speed limit on the U.S. 31 freeway to 55 mph. This change will be announced at a later date. Until then, motorists must follow the posted speed limits.