Purricane season hits Humane Society
The Humane Society for Hamilton County is hoping to find homes for as many cats and kittens as possible this holiday weekend due to the influx of strays and owner surrenders they have recently received.
Hundreds of cats, many of whom have been given up by their families at 10 years old and up, are waiting for homes.
The shelter is offering a $5 adoption fee for adult cats, ages 1 and up and $25 kitten adoptions now through July 12. The shelter is closed July 4.
All cat adoptions include the spay or neuter, microchip, one round of vaccines, 30 days of pet health insurance and a free wellness exam.
“Unconditional love and good karma for adopting a senior shelter cat are guaranteed,” the Humane Society stated in a press release.
About the Humane Society for Hamilton County
The Humane Society for Hamilton County is a non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organization. It is not a United Way Agency and is not affiliated with any other animal welfare group in the United States. HSHC is an open-admission, no-kill animal welfare organization serving as both the animal control facility for Hamilton County and the Humane Society. HSHC receives 29 percent of its funding through service agreements with Hamilton County and its municipalities with the remaining 71 percent generated through individual donations, fundraising programs and events, corporate sponsors, adoption and service fees and grants, in that order.