OneZone awards planned for Dec. 15
By Zach Dunkin
For the first time since the merger of the Carmel and Fishers Chambers of Commerce, the new OneZone Carmel/Fishers chamber will recognize companies and individuals for business excellence and impact at its annual awards luncheon on Dec. 15 at Ritz Charles in Carmel.
The boards of directors and members of the Carmel and Fishers Chambers of Commerce voted last February to combine the two chambers. The new organization was formed to more efficiently and better promote the business interests of its 1,200 members.
Although the chambers traditionally handed out single awards in each category, the awards committee, chaired by Jud Scott, owner of Vine & Branch tree service in Carmel, decided to give two or more awards in some of the categories. There will be:
- Two Business of the Year awards, one for a large company and one for a small company, and they will not be split between Fishers and Carmel.
- A MV2 Award for most valuable volunteer, who must be a full-time employee of a chamber member.
- A Young Professional of the Year Award
- A Green Award for sustainability
- Four architectural awards for new construction and renovation projects in Carmel and Fishers
- Two Lifetime Achievement Awards for Carmel and Fishers
“Our committee’s selection process is always challenging, simply because there are so many successful businesses and especially right now, so many new projects in our communities, said OneZone President Mo Merhoff. “The debate is always lively, and I’m sure this year will be no different.”
Guests for the luncheon may check in and visit display tables at 11 a.m. The lunch and program will begin at 11:30 a.m. and continue through 1:30 p.m.
Cost is $20 prepay for members by noon, Dec. 11, and $25 for walk-ins and guests. Advance registration is at http://web.onezonecommerce.com/events/eventdetail.aspx?EventID=2005.