Kindergarten information sessions set for first week of February
Carmel schools are inviting all prospective 2014-15 kindergarten families to register online and attend their school’s scheduled information sessions.
All 11 elementary schools will have one morning and one evening session available to incoming kindergarten families during the week of Feb. 3.
While online registration is open all year, parents are encouraged to enroll children by March 15 for district planning purposes.
During the kindergarten information sessions, administrative teams will discuss general information about kindergarten, the online registration process, provide tours and answer questions.
These sessions are intended for parents only. Kindergarteners will have a special night later in the year before school starts.
The dates and times are as follows:
● Carmel Elementary 9 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Feb. 4
● Cherry Tree 9 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Feb. 4
● College Wood 9 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Feb. 4
● Forest Dale 9 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Feb. 6
● Mohawk Trails 9 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Feb. 6
● Orchard Park 6:30 p.m. Feb. 5 and 9 a.m. Feb. 7
● Prairie Trace 9 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Feb. 4
● Smoky Row 9 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Feb. 6
● Towne Meadow 9 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Feb. 6
● West Clay 9 a.m. Feb. 4 and 7 p.m. Feb. 5
● Woodbrook 9 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Feb. 4
Carmel schools offers tuition-free full-day kindergarten to all Carmel families. Alternating all-day kindergarten is not offered.
To register online visit https://forms.ccs.k12.in.us/ParentPortal/pages/login.aspx. Families who do not have computer access are encouraged to visit our community partner, Carmel Clay Public Library, where the building and staff are equipped to assist families in enrollment.
Requirements for registration:
● Official birth certificate (not a hospital record)
● Proof of residency
● Utility (electric or gas) statement
● Rental agreement, purchase agreement, property tax statement, closing documents or deed
● Immunization records that must be submitted to the school by Aug. 1, 2014.
Students must be at least five years old by Sept. 1 to start kindergarten in Aug. 2014. While the state requires incoming kindergarten students to be five by Aug. 1, Carmel schools automatically grants eligibility to students who will turn five by Sept. 1, 2014.
More information about kindergarten is available at www1.ccs.k12.in.us/district/prospective-families-students.
A map of elementary school boundaries can be found at myccs.ccs.k12.in.us/district/boundaries
For more information call 844-9961 Ext.1054.