John Hiatt, Michael Feinstein to perform at 2013 Governor’s Arts Awards
Renowned musicians John Hiatt and Michael Feinstein will be among four special musical performances planned for the Sept. 26 awards ceremony, the Indiana Arts Commission announced.
“Traditionally, the awards program has strived to highlight the talents of recipients who are performing artists,” said IAC Executive Director Lewis C. Ricci.
In addition to these performers, the Not So Bad Bluegrass Band, and The Technicians choir fromArsenal Technical High School will be performing.
The 2013 Governor’s Arts Awards will be held Sept. 26, 2013 at the Palladium in Carmel.
The program will honor the achievements and contributions of:
• Christel DeHaan, philanthropist, Indianapolis, IN
• Cynthia Hartshorn, music educator, vocalist, Indianapolis, IN
• John Hiatt, singer, songwriter, Nashville, TN
• Mark Kruzan, mayor, Bloomington, IN
• Sydney Pollack, producer, director, actor, Los Angeles, CA (posthumous)
• Traditional Arts Indiana, arts organization, Bloomington, IN
Preceding the awards ceremony there will be a progressive dinner at the Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel in Carmel. Both the dinner and awards performance program will be hosted by Gov. Mike Pence and First Lady Karen Pence, Honorary Chair of the 2013 Governor’s Arts Awards.
Award ceremony tickets are $20 for adults and $10 for students and full evening packages start at $90 per person.
For more information and to reserve your tickets, visit: www.TheCenterPresents.org/