Holiday Luncheon and Style Show photo gallery
The Assistance League of Indianapolis hosted the Holiday Luncheon and Style Show at The Ritz Charles in Carmel Dec. 5.
The hard work and planning by the Holiday Luncheon Committee, headed by chairmen Vicki Drake and Lesley Pascoe, was evident as members and their guests enjoyed the beautiful seasonal décor, silent auction, shopping opportunities, style show and delicious meal.
The event opened with the commencement of bidding on the plentiful items available in the silent auction and the chance to shop for clothes, accessories and jewelry from The Secret Ingredient, an Indianapolis boutique.
As event participants sat down for lunch, Lee Ann Hoy and David Hillman from the Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust were introduced. Longtime supporters of Assistance League of Indianapolis, they presented the organization with a donation of $25,000. This generous gift brings the total funds they have given to the organization to a quarter of a million dollars.
It was also announced at the luncheon that The Butler’s Pantry in Zionsville will be auctioning off several cookbooks at their business during the second week of December and will donate the proceeds to Assistance League.
The Secret Ingredient Style Show runway models were representatives from the agencies, hospitals, treatment centers, senior facilities, and schools that Assistance League serves through its four philanthropic programs. Fabulous fashions were modeled by:
• Megan Brown, RN, SANE-A, SANE-P, Center Of Hope Program Manager
• Ramla Hampton, Student Programs Advisor at MSD of Washington Township
• Katy Howe, BSN, RN, Clinical Coordinator at Methodist Hospital Emergency Medicine and Trauma Center
• Tina McIntosh, President and Founder of Joy’s House
• Candace Preston, Caregiver Program Manager at Joy’s House
• Shawnieka Pope, Social Worker at IPS #14
• Cynthia Roach, Director of Division of Research, Evaluation and Assessment at IPS
• Carol Robinson, Social Worker at MSD of Pike Township
• Kelley Romweber, President and CEO Brooke’s Place
• Pearle Washington, Social Worker at IPS #114
• Cindy Wathen, RN, SANE-A Center of Hope at St. Vincent Hospital.
• Tjuana Washington Ryder (daughter of Pearl Washington) Indiana Blood Center.
Model Shawnieka Pope said, “Assistance League of Indianapolis is directly responsible for placing priceless smiles on the faces of so many of our students with the greatest need.”