Current Construction: Road construction updates for the week of July 11-18
- Construction continues on a new roundabout at Carmel Drive and Guilford Road. This will be a full closure of the intersection for about 45 days, weather and utility delays permitting. Detour routes will be marked as Pennsylvania and Range Line Road (north-south); Main Street and 116th Street (east-west).
- Towne Road and 106th Street is closed for roundabout construction.
- Hazel Dell Parkway and 116th Street is still closed for roundabout construction.
- Spring Mill Road is closed south of the Main Street roundabout to 116th Street except for local traffic. Motorists are encouraged to use Illinois Street as a detour. The closure is expected to last until fall.
- Construction is under way for a roundabout at the intersection of Ford and Mulberry roads. The intersection is expected to remain open throughout most of the project, but some temporary closures or lane restrictions could be in place. The roundabout is expected to be complete before school resumes in August.
- Monon Trail closing – The Monon Trail was supposed to close at 161st Street beginning July 11 for grading and cement work. This closing has been delayed. The trail will be maintained and passable during the delay.
- East 151st Street is closed for the construction of a roundabout at Westfield Boulevard. The closure is expected to last 60 days. Motorists traveling eastbound along East 151st Street will encounter detour routing, which will bypass roundabout construction at the new intersection of East 151st Street and Westfield Boulevard between Greyhound Pass and U.S. 31. Target will only be accessible to traffic from the east, so customers approaching from the west will need to utilize the detour route. Eastbound traffic crossing U.S. 31 at 151st Street will need to utilize the detour or approach 151st Street from U.S. 31 north or south.
- Casey Road is closed north of Ind. 32 for approximately a half-mile for the construction of the Ditch Road extension roundabout. The closure is expected to last 60 days
- 116TH STREET AND HAZEL DELL PARKWAY- The City of Carmel has closed 116th Street and Hazel Dell Parkway for the construction of a roundabout. This closure is expected to last for 75 days. Questions and updates about this project should be directed to the City of Carmel at 317-571-2400.
- 106TH STREET- Lane restrictions may occur on 106th Street from Eller Road to Crosspoint Boulevard due to geotechnical drilling along the corridor. Restrictions will be between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Flaggers and signs will aid in directing traffic.
- 136th STREET AND PRAIRIE BAPTIST ROAD- Hamilton County Highway Dept. will close the intersection of 136th Street and Prairie Baptist Road will be closed for approximately 60 days to allow for contractors to reconstruct the intersection. Signs with detour routes will be in place. Those with questions may call the Hamilton County Highway Dept. at 317-773-7770.
- 96TH STREET- Construction has begun on the new roundabout at 96th Street and Lantern Road. 96th Street traffic between Kincaid Drive and Fitness Lane/Pinecreek Drive will be reduced to one lane in each direction throughout the summer.
- BROOKS SCHOOL ROAD- The Brooks School Road bridge over Interstate 69 is closed as Milestone Contractors rebuild the bridge deck. During the closure, traffic will be detoured to Promise Road via 126th and 136th streets. The bridge will remain closed until August.
- ALLISONVILLE ROAD AND 146TH STREET- Hamilton County Highway Dept. has changed the traffic pattern for northbound Allisonville Road at 146th Street. There are now two left turn lanes and one northbound through lane.
- 116TH STREET- Lane restrictions will occur on 116th Street between I-69 and Cumberland Road through summer for improvements.
- 113TH STREET- In order to resurface and make roadway improvements, there will be lane restrictions on 113th Street from Olio Road to Florida Road. Beginning the week of July 17th, 113th Street will be closed between Ashford Pointe and Ringer Road for the installation of a storm sewer across the roadway.This closure will last approximately one week.