CarmelFest committee announces emergency weather plan for outdoor festival
CarmelFest’s outdoor festival at Civic Square will continue rain or shine from 2-10 p.m. July 3 and noon to 10 p.m. July 4. However, if thunder or lightning (and severe weather) are detected within 15-30 miles (for approximately 30 minutes) from the festival area, a voluntary evacuation of festival attendees will be strongly encouraged. Hazardous weather announcements will be made from the stages on-site at CarmelFest (1 Civic Center) and using a bull horn in the festival area to warn of the approaching hazardous weather.
If hazardous weather, including lightning, is within 30 miles of the CarmelFest area it will likely lead to the suspension of the events or a delay. When and if the hazardous weather has been cleared from the area, the festival will proceed with some changes to stage performance schedules as needed.
For festival attendees, emergency shelters are located at the following places:
- The Palladium / Tarkington Theatre Parking Complex (3rd Ave Southwest – south of Palladium)
- City Center Parking Garage (100 City Center – near Range Line Road & City Center Drive)
- Carmel Fire Department (2 Civic Square)
- City Hall (1 Civic Square)
- Carmel Police Department (3 Civic Square)