All-IN challenge starts this month
By Dawn Pearson
How much do people know about their neighbors just in the next zip code? Well Hoosiers can find out and learn about everything Indiana when they participate in the new initiative started by The Indiana Humanities called All-IN.
Indiana Humanities connects people, opens minds and enriches lives by creating and facilitating program that encourage Hoosiers to think, read and talk.
Explained on the website All-IN is a “first-of-its-kind digital program and Indiana Humanities is challenging Hoosiers to take on new experiences in order to connect with each other, learn more about Indiana, and help make Indiana a better place to live. It is a digital platform that challenges people to experience something new and learn about Indiana to expand their knowledge and their opinions of their Hoosier state.”
Hamilton County is partnering with Indiana Humanities to promote All-IN with celebrations and new experiences for Hoosiers to jump into and then tell about it on social media sites.
“The Indiana Humanities started the All-IN initiative to encourage individuals to complete activities to help connect them to each other and their community in order to make Indiana even better. People from all over the state of Indiana have participated to complete a scorecard of 16 challenges in 8 categories, Kate Burkhardt, communications coordinator of Hamilton County Tourism, Inc., said.
The challenges are listed on the website: http://www.indianahumanities.org/ALL-IN/.
Here are some of the activities:
• Listen to music from another country.
• Try an ethnic restaurant.
• Tell us why you love Indiana.
• Share a photo of an Indiana hidden gem.
• Tell us about a book character you will never forget.
“Hamilton County Tourism has partnered with the Indiana Humanities to help people in our community get involved by featuring seven VIPs in the community completing challenges and a series of giveaways,” Burkhardt said. “Those who complete challenges can register to win fun prizes either by tweeting about their experiences with the hashtag #Allin_HC or entering at http://www.hamiltoncountytourism.com/all-in/.
Burkhardt said the program began in June of this year and Hoosiers should start now to be eligible to win fantastic prize packages.
How it works:
1. Complete a challenge below and share your results via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (it’s that easy).
2. Enter your zip code to connect with your community (if you want).
3. Brag about your scorecard and encourage others to go ALL-IN.
4. Explore how other Hoosiers are going ALL-IN by searching social media hashtags.
5. Most important: Have fun!
Some of the prizes are:
PRIZE PACK ONE (SELECTED NOV. 2)
- Midwest School of Voice certificates
- Golf School of Indiana Lessons
- Al Basha restaurant gift card
- Chateau Thomas Winery gift card
PRIZE PACK TWO (SELECTED NOV. 2)
- Indiana Transportation Museum tickets
- Brewsline Brewery Tour tickets
- A $25 Visa gift card for souvenirs
- Chocolate for the Spirit gift card
- Scotty’s Brewhouse in Carmel gift card
PRIZE PACK THREE (SELECTED SEPT. 19)
- 2 tickets to Zakir Hussain at The Palladium
- Simply Sweet Shoppe gift cardTucanos Brazilian Grill gift card