A little wine with that author? Try the Writers in the Pavilion
By Zach Dunkin
Pairing food dishes with wine is a wonderful way to enhance the dining experience. A glass of Shiraz with your steak? A Pinot Noir with that duck? Or, for you wild gamers, a good Sangiovese for your kangaroo?
Now, imagine enjoying a little vino with seven authors at the inaugural Writers at the Pavilion event Oct. 21 at the Ritz Charles. The Carmel Clay Library Foundation is presenting a dine, drink and discussion event featuring a panel talk, an auction of 17 estate wines valued from $55 to $600, an art sale and a selection of heavy appetizers, wine and craft beer.
Authors who will discuss their books and their craft during include:
- Shannon Lee Alexander of Indianapolis, whose debut novel “Love and Other Unknown Variables” (Entangled Publishing/Macmillan) follows the emotional story of a pair of teenagers.
- Jeanne M. Dams, who lives in South Bend, has published 24 mystery novels, including the current “The Gentle Art of Murder” (Severn House).
- Elin Hilderbrand of Nantucket, Mass. is a New York Times bestsetting author of 16 novels about love, loss, friendships, betrayal, breakups and make ups, all included in her current release, “Winter Stroll,” (Little, Brown & Company).
- David O. Stewart of Garrett Park, Md., is an award-winning lawyer-turned-author best known for bringing history to life for his readers. “The Wilson Deception” (Kensington Books) is a presidential mystery set against the backdrop of the Paris Peace Conference following World War I.
- Elizabeth Kraft Taylor, a long-time Indianapolis resident, details her life story with real estate developers Melvin and Herbert Simon in her debut memoir, “Three Jews Walked into a Shopping Center” (IBJ Book Publishing).
- Steve and Lorri Zeller offer an inside-the-family look at how they reared three outstanding students and basketball players, Luke, Tyler and Cody Zeller, who each starred at Washington, Ind., High School and different colleges before earning NBA contracts in“Raising Boys the Zeller Way” (The Core Media Group).
- Carmel native Andy Ober, assistant managing editor for the Inside Indiana Business platform of business news products, will moderate the discussion.
Writers in the Pavilion
When: 7-9:30 p.m., Oct. 21
Where: Ritz Charles, 12156 N. Meridian St., Carmel
Tickets: $70 per person or $1,200 for a corporate table of 10
Reservations: 814-3905 or www.carmel.lib.in.us/foundation/tickets.cfm