Contrary to anything you might have heard, volunteering at CarmelFest is fun. It isn’t all just about picking up trash. As a matter of fact, 9 out 10 festival experts recently noted CarmelFest attendees more likely to use a trash receptacle. This fact alone could make our Trash Troopers obsolete.
But, we are in search of 400 volunteers willing to provide a myriad of jobs. Each year, the Carmel Lions Club provide the manpower to line up the Centier Bank CarmelFest Parade entries for step off at 10:30 a.m. July 4. But once the Centier Parade is underway, we need Parade Marshals to help keep it moving along smoothly. Maybe a 3-hour shift in this capacity will give you the sense of satisfaction you seek.
During the two-day festival you could help with set-up, tear down, traffic and parking lot control, operating kids rides, hawking Spark Buttons, staffing information booths, selling ride tickets, providing directions and maybe a little, light refuse collection.
No matter what your talent or your time availability, we promise a rewarding volunteer experience, introduction to people you have never met and the overwhelming gratitude of a grateful community.
This year, don’t spend another year sitting on the curb during the parade wishing it were not passing you by.
To boost your volunteer resume go to www.carmelfest.net.
The Top-10 reasons to volunteer
10. Cool lime green T-shirt makes you the envy of your neighborhood.
9. Easy way to enhance your resume
8. Always wanted to tell someone “where to go.”
7. Break down and decide this is the year to mark CarmelFest volunteer off your bucket list.
6. All of the room temperature water you can drink
5. Get to say “10-4” on a walkie-talkie.
4. More fun than mowing your yard
3. Gets you out of hosting the Fourth of July party at your house.
2. You get bossed around by very nice volunteer leaders Sally Bauer and Kelli Prader
And the No. 1 reason to become a CarmelFest volunteer is … because it’s your turn.